ADVANCED WELL CONTROL TRAINING COURSE OVERVIEW
Advanced Well Control training course is developed by prominent professionals from the drilling industry to make it more effective. The training has been developed to provide participants with a deeper and wider knowledge of Well Control challenges and its remedies. The lessons and understanding obtained will help avoid the problems encountered during drilling operations.
This training module will address the planning and implementation of operational techniques in Well Control. In case of Well Control incident, participants will be equipped with down-hole awareness of the behavior of influxes and how to manage pressures in the wellbore to avoid escalation of the event. The course covers both fundamentals and advanced measures in well control. The participant will gain deep insights on kick detection, well killing methods required to effectively manage a more complex situation.
By the end of this course, participants will learn about:
- What are the basics of well control and why it’s important
- How to correlate the fundamental knowledge to calculate well control parameters
- What are the root causes of blowouts
- How to avoid well control incidents that leads to blowouts
- How to kill Blowout or influx.
- How to minimize Hydrate Problems in Deepwater Well Control.
- How to Maximize Your Chances of Killing Any Kick.
- How to Minimize Any Kicks Chances of Killing You.
- How to Choose a Safe Kill Rate to ensure safe operations
- What are different types of well-killing methods and their advantages or limitations