INTRODUCTORY LEVEL COURSE OVERVIEW
The IADC Introductory to Well Control PLUS course is designed to not only provide candidates with the mandatory prerequisites required to
become IADC certified, but also provide a greater foundation in Well Control.
Using a combination of theory, discussion, and drilling simulator exercises, candidates will gain a better understanding of procedures, calculations, and equipment used for Primary and Secondary Well Control operations.
Some of the many benefits of this course are:
- Insight into what is happening 'downhole'
- Early-stage awareness on how to prevent a kick
- Insight into common indicators of a kick
- Understanding why certain equipment is required on a rig
Candidates will be required to appear in a computerized theory
test at the end of the course.
- Overview of key equipment
- How well control events occur
- Fundamentals of formation pressure and fluids
- How well control events are detected and avoided
- Consequences of a well control event
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Basic risk calculations
- Barrier Management
- Risk Management
- Kill Procedures
- Scenario-based incidents
Course Duration: 3 Days
- 2 Days, 8 Hours Per day
- 3rd Day Assessment for certification