IWCF - LEVEL 2 COURSE OVERVIEW
The IWCF Level 2 Introduction to Well Control course provides candidates with an understanding of procedures, calculations, and equipment used for Primary and Secondary Well Control operations using a combination of theory and drilling simulator exercises.
Some of the many benefits of this course are:
- Insight into what is happening 'downhole'
- Early-stage awareness on how to prevent a kick
- Insight into common indicators of a kick
- Understanding why certain equipment is required on a rig Candidates will sit a written assessment in which they must achieve 70% to be successfully certified. The certificate is valid for 5 years.
- Overview of key equipment•How well control events occur
- Fundamentals of formation pressure and fluids
- How well control events are detected and avoided
- Consequences of a well control event
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Basic risk calculations
- Barrier Management
- Risk Management
- Kill Procedures
- Scenario based incidents
Course Duration: 5 Days
- Classroom Training: 4 Days, 8 hours Per day
- 5th Day Assessment for certification